- Develop, produce, and review traffic management design plans. Activities shall include the direct oversight and participation in the development of the work plan; assign work activities, projects, and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures.
- Provide QA/QC on traffic management design plans.
- Provide training and guidance for traffic department staff related to traffic management and related plans.
- Assisting SEPI with the marketing of all our traffic engineering services with an emphasis on growing the traffic management design backlog.
- Assist in the development and implementation of divisional goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for the transportation department.
- Serve as advocate and contact for regional transportation coordination including transportation funding, congestion management, alternative modes, and interagency negotiation.
- Work closely with the department manager to plan, organize, and direct department activities and projects related to signing and pavement marking design plan production.
- Develop cost estimates, project implementation schedules, funding plans, project objectives, and analysis of project benefits.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures, and directives from supervisors.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Education, Training, Experience, and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- 4-year Degree in Civil Engineering or related field required.
- Prefer six-plus years’ experience in traffic engineering.
- Experience with MicroStation or AutoCAD.
- Experience with NCDOT practices and standards.
- NC Professional Engineer (PE) is required, or the ability to get within 6 months.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be highly detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as assigned.
- Must communicate well with others.
- Must be able to work independently and manage time wisely.
- Microstation is preferred.