- Assist with document research, field designation, marking and location of existing utility assets
- Operate standard industry electromagnetic equipment, ground penetrating radar (GPR), vacuum excavation equipment, etc.
- Assist with the management of SUE equipment inventory and maintenance
- Stay abreast of technological advancements in the industry
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.)
- Work in outdoor environment and various weather conditions 95% of the time.
- Moderate noise level
- Travel via automobile regularly
- Occasional out of town work requiring overnight stays
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Experience preferred in Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) or Utility locating.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working experience with radio-frequency electromagnetic pipe and cable locators and ground penetrating radar (GPR) systems for designating subsurface utilities is preferred.
- Knowledge of utility investigation utilizing vacuum excavation equipment is preferred but will train accordingly.
- Ability to learn quickly, be coachable, and have a positive attitude.
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 70 pounds occasionally