- Team Leader/Project Manager for transportation design projects.
- Provide technical assistance with the development of roadway construction plans.
- Work closely with the Roadway Department Manager and Transportation Practice Leader to plan, organize, and direct project related activities related to transportation planning and design projects.
- Assist with and participate in the development of the work plan; assign work activities, projects, and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of project budgets; assist in budget implementation; participate in the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; administer approved budget; monitor and control expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of the transportation capital budget; develop cost estimates, project implementation schedules, funding plans, project objectives, and analysis of project benefits
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.)
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree from a 4-5 year ABET-accredited engineering school or university program. A Master’s degree is a plus;
- At least four years’ experience in preparation of federally funded roadway construction plans;
- A valid NC Professional Engineering (PE) license is required, or the ability to acquire NC Licensure within six (6) months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Must be highly detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as assigned.
- Must communicate well with others.
- Must be able to work independently and manage time wisely.
- Microstation ORD or AutoCad Civil 3D software skills preferred.
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 15 pounds occasionally.
- Work in indoor office environment 90% of the time.
- Moderate noise level
- Travel via automobile on occasion as needed.