Essential Requirements and Functions:
- In conjunction with key leaders within SEPI, establishes the strategic vision for the Traffic Practice.
- Successfully implements strategic vision and recommendations that will establish SEPI as one of the premier traffic engineering firms.
- Identifies new markets and clients.
- Extensive experience managing client contacts and relationships with public and private sector clients.
- Business development and marketing experience including; writing proposals, scopes of work, and budgets for projected work.
- Ensuring annual business plan goals are met.
- Identifies new key staff additions to the Traffic Practice.
- Meets with Traffic Engineering staff on a regular basis to coordinate activities and provide leadership. These meetings are to be established on a calendar basis with set agenda.
- Facilitates the career growth of individual Traffic Department employees through regularly scheduled reviews, client/project interaction and educational training opportunities.
- Assists project managers with overall project management including monthly project reviews, project audits as necessary and recommendations for training. During monthly project reviews, identify all Traffic Engineering projects that are below negotiated financial performance.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other service lines. Maintains liaison, communication, and transfer of information between various management groups and departments.
- Active leadership in all aspects of transportation by providing input into the overall growth and well-being of the transportation practice.
- Ensures that quality of production for Traffic projects is consistent with client expectations and follows the SEPI guidelines for QA/QC.
- Manage major Traffic/Transportation projects.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.)
- Work in indoor office environment 90% of the time.
- Moderate noise level.
- Travel via automobile when required.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Professional Engineering License preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience.
- Seasoned professional, with a strong strategy orientation, who has previously held business and operational roles in fast paced, complex environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be highly detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as assigned.
- Must communicate well with others.
- Must be able to work independently and manage time wisely.
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 10-25 pounds occasionally.