- Lead the department’s stormwater management design efforts, including the preparation of calculations and reports;
- Keep current on design trends and regulatory updates impacting the development community;
- Assist with the planning, design, and permitting of land development projects;
- Participate in preparing project proposals, budgets and schedules;
- Perform technical calculations, design, and CAD production on land development projects;
- Mentor team members;
- Perform reviews of technical work for completeness, accuracy, and quality;
- Focuses on quality and helps ensure internal QA/QC process is followed;
- Provide project support with site utilities, site layout, grading, storm drainage, erosion control, and permitting;
- Ability to use and operate AutoCad Civil 3D, Hydraflow Storm Sewers/Hydrographs, HydroCAD, WaterCAD, and other design software;
- Attend relevant conferences and seminars in support of marketing and professional pursuits.
- Effectively communicate with team members, Clients, review agencies and others as necessary;
- Maintain positive client relationships and promote SEPI core values;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management;
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
Education, Training, Experience, and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Civil Engineering required from an ABET accredited program;
- Four (4) or more years of experience with a focus on the design of Stormwater Control Measures (SCM) and associated reports, and land development projects in general;
- Engineering Intern (EI) is required, registration as a Professional Engineer (NC) is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel;
- Must be highly detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as assigned;
- Must be able to work within a team environment;
- Must be able to work well under tight deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills.