Essential Job Functions:
- Perform technical calculations, design, and plan production on Land Development projects using AutoCAD and Civil3D software;
- Assist with preliminary layouts, design concepts, and detailed design drawings;
- Maintain positive relationships and promote SEPI core values;
- Work as part of a high performing team to design all aspects of site design using AutoCAD and Civil3D software;
- Perform research and prepare engineering reports for stormwater management, storm drainage, erosion control, and others as needed;
- Assist with the preparation of local, state, and federal permit applications to support the project;
- Assist Project Managers on project related tasks;
- Analyze technical problems, develop new or improved techniques, approaches, and alternative solutions;
- Focus on quality and ensure the QA/QC process is followed;
- Participate in preparing project scopes, budgets and schedules;
- Keep current on design trends and regulatory updates impacting the land development industry;
- Communicate with PM’s and technical staff to understand project scope of work, schedule, and budget;
- Participate in team/project meetings;
- Effectively communicate with team members, review agencies and others as necessary;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management; and
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Civil Engineering required from an ABET accredited program – Land Development focus strongly preferred;
- Possess one to four (0-4) years of experience in the design of Land Development projects;
- Possess Engineer Intern (E.I.) or obtain within 6 months.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil3D strongly desired;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Bluebeam REVU desired;
- Highly detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines;
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks as assigned;
- Enjoys working and contributing towards the success of the team; and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 15 pounds occasionally.
- Work in indoor office environment 95% of the time, some field visits may be required;
- Moderate noise level;