- Develop, produce, QA/QC, and review complex traffic signal designs and projects.
- Providing input into the strategic direction of SEPI in traffic engineering services.
- Assisting SEPI with the marketing of traffic engineering services and procurement of contracts with an emphasis on traffic signal design.
- Serve as advocate and contact for regional transportation coordination including transportation funding, congestion management, alternative modes, and interagency negotiation
- Work closely with the department manager to plan, organize, and direct department activities and projects related to traffic and transportation planning and projects
- Assist in the preparation of the departmental budget; develop cost estimates, project implementation schedules, funding plans, project objectives, and analysis of project benefits
- Recommend the appointment of personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; assist with performance evaluations; implement discipline procedures as required; maintain discipline and high standards necessary for the efficient and professional operation of the department
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.)
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree from a 4-5 year ABET-accredited engineering school or university program. A Master’s degree is a plus;
- Prefer 4 plus years or more experience in traffic signal design
- Experience with signal design and related studies software as well as MicroStation or AutoCAD.
- Experience with NCDOT practices and standards.
- A valid NC Professional Engineering (PE) license is required, or the ability to acquire NC Licensure within six (6) months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Must be highly detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as assigned
- Must communicate well with others
- Must be able to work independently and manage time wisely
- Transportation engineering software GuidSign, HCS, Synchro and Microstation is preferred.
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 10-25 pounds occasionally.
- Work in indoor office environment 90% of the time.
- Moderate noise level
- Travel via automobile on occasion as needed