- Performs supervised level of civil engineering planning and design, scheduling, and estimating for Land Development (LD) projects;
- Analyzes site factors, utilizing surveys, maps, drawings, aerial photographs and other topographical or geological data to plan and prepare civil engineering drawings to support Project Managers;
- Ability to lead plans preparation from acquisition of survey data and base map preparation through final mylars and record drawings with minimal direction;
- Collaborate effectively with Project Managers, surveyors and architects in the design and development of LD and public infrastructure projects;
- Highly proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D design package;
- High level of proficiency with cut/fill balance grading design in AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Ability to set up and manage AutoCAD drafting and plans preparation standards;
- Willingness to mentor and teach others;
- Meets project and task specific budgets;
- Meets regularly with LD team to coordinate project activities;
- Participates in achieving project-specific budgets and schedules;
- Assists LD Project Managers with the planning, design development, Quality Control, and overall management of LD design projects;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other SEPI Business Practices. Maintains liaison, communication, and effective transfer of information between various management groups and departments;
- Ensures that quality of production for LD design projects is consistent with project requirements and adheres to the internal QA/QC protocols;
- Passionate about technological advancements within the industry; and
- Participates in proposal efforts, when requested, including preparation of technical responses.
- Conforms in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders, professional ethics, and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management; and.
- Refrains from any illegal, dishonest, or unethical conduct.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.).
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Fifteen (15) or more years of direct Land Development design experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3-D, Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam REVU and scheduling platforms are a plus;
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Be highly detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills;
- Places a strong focus on quality deliverables;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as assigned; and
- Be able to work independently and effectively within a team, and schedule and manage time wisely.
- Possess the ability to talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach; and
- Possess the ability to lift/push/pull up to 10-25 pounds occasionally.
- Work with an in indoor office environment 90 percent of the time. Some field visits will be required;
- Work within moderate noise levels; and
- Travel via automobile as needed.