- Establishes and successfully implements the strategic vision for the SC Transportation Business Practice in conjunction with SC Director and other key leaders. Participates in annual departmental strategic vision and financial planning and execution;
- Establishes and meets annual budgetary goals;
- Cultivates existing markets and identifies new markets and clients for growth within the SC Transportation Business Practice and overall SC operations;
- Identifies new key staff additions to all groups within the SC Transportation Business Practice. This key position will be responsible for increasing staff levels to accommodate the anticipated workload from our clients within SC;
- Meets with the SC Director, Transportation staff and other key professionals on a regular basis to coordinate activities and provide leadership. These meetings are to be established on a calendar basis with set agendas.
- Facilitates the career growth and professional development of each SC Transportation Design employees through mentoring, regularly scheduled reviews, effective participation in professional organizations, and continuing educational training opportunities;
- Participates in preparing and managing project-specific budgets and schedules;
- Assists Transportation project managers with and/or lead the planning, design development, quality control, and overall management of transportation design projects;
- Identifies all Transportation Design projects that are below negotiated financial performance and inform the SC Director immediately with solutions;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other SEPI business practices. Maintains liaison, communication, and effective transfer of information between various management groups and departments;
- Demonstrates active leadership in all aspects of Transportation by providing input into the overall growth and well-being of the department;
- Ensures that quality of production for Transportation Design projects is consistent with client expectations and follows the SEPI guidelines for QA/QC;
- Remains pro-actively aware of technological advancements within the industry; and
- Leads proposal efforts including preparation of technical responses, proposal coordination, and direction.
- Conforms in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders, professional ethics, and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management; and.
- Refrains from any illegal, dishonest, or unethical conduct.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.).
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s of Science (B.S.) degree from a 4-5 year ABET-accredited engineering school or university program. A Master’s degree is a plus;
- Ten (10) or more years of direct professional SC-based Transportation experience;
- A valid SC Professional Engineering (PE) license is required, or the ability to acquire SC Licensure within six (6) months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be proficient in Microstation, Geopak, AutoTurn, Corridor Modeling, and the Microsoft Office Suite, Knowledge of OpenRoads, and scheduling platforms are a plus;
- Possess effective Client Relations and public speaking capabilities;
- Possess effective written communication skills;
- Be highly detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills;
- Possess a focus on Quality Assurance and the ability to perform Quality Controls;
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as assigned; and
- Be able to work independently, manage a team, and schedule and manage time wisely.
- Possess the ability to talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach; and
- Possess the ability to lift/push/pull up to 10-25 pounds occasionally.
- Work with an in indoor office environment 90 percent of the time. Some field visits will be required;
- Work within moderate noise levels; and
- Travel via automobile as needed.