- Lead the development of roadway designs from conceptual through final design on projects including sidewalks, greenways and highways of all types for municipal clients, SCDOT, and NCDOT.
- Participate in preparing and managing project budgets and schedules.
- Responsible for financial and production success of transportation design projects.
- Assist in developing and mentoring junior roadway design staff.
- Work closely with other team members to plan, organize, and direct project related activities related to roadway design projects.
- Assist with and participate in the development of project scope and schedule.
- Work as a member of a team to deliver quality transportation projects.
- Broad knowledge of all elements of the design of highway transportation facilities, including roadway elements, hydrology and hydraulics, structures, and traffic related items.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
- Refer to and comply with applicable design references such as AASHTO, MUTCD, SCDOT/NCDOT Design Manuals and other Federal, State and Local guidance.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.)
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- 4-year Degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related field required
- Six years of experience in roadway design preferred.
- Familiarity with SCDOT/NCDOT Roadway Design Manuals and SCDOT/NCDOT design standards and requirements desired.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification, or the ability to achieve within six months of employment, is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Microstation, Geopak, AutoTurn, Corridor Modeling, Microsoft Office, Work and Excel. Knowledge of OpenRoads a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to clients, regulators, and colleagues.
- Must be highly detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks and deadlines as assigned.
- Must be able to work independently and manage time wisely.
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 15 pounds occasionally.
- Work in indoor office environment 90% of the time.
- Moderate noise level.
- Travel via automobile on occasion as needed.