- Participates in annual Strategic Vision Planning and Financial Planning.
- Successfully implements strategic vision or recommends corrective actions that will successfully establish SEPI as one of the top/premier traffic operations engineering firms in North Carolina.
- Successfully meets budgetary goals annually or recommends corrective actions that will be successful.
- Identifies new markets and clients for the Traffic Operations department and leads the implementation of these new initiatives.
- Identifies new key staff additions to the Traffic Operations department. This key position will be responsible for increasing staff levels to accommodate the anticipated workload from our clients within North Carolina.
- Meets with Traffic Operations staff on a regular basis to coordinate activities and provide leadership. These meetings are to be established on a calendar basis with set agenda.
- Facilitates the career growth of individual Traffic Operations department employees through regularly scheduled reviews and educational training opportunities identification.
- Assists Traffic Operations project managers with overall project management including monthly project reviews, project audits as necessary and recommendations for training. During monthly project reviews, identify all Traffic Operations projects that are below negotiated financial performance and inform the Transportation Director immediately.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other service lines. Maintains liaison, communication, and transfer of information between various management groups and departments.
- Active leadership in all aspects of transportation by providing input into the overall growth and well-being of the transportation group.
- Ensures that quality of production for Traffic Operations projects is consistent with client expectations and follows the SEPI guidelines for QA/QC.
- Manage Traffic Operations and Transportation projects.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Professional Engineering License preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- Seasoned professional, with a strong strategy orientation, who has previously held several business and operational roles in fast paced complex environments. Work experience should include success in a period of growth and/or transition.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be highly detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as assigned.
- Must communicate well with others.
- Must be able to work independently and manage time wisely.
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 10-25 pounds occasionally.
- Work in indoor office environment 80% of the time.
- Moderate noise level.
- Travel via automobile when required.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.)