- Assists in the development of comprehensive plans and master plans; gathers, interprets, and prepares data for studies, reports, and recommendations; coordinates with other agencies as needed.
- Provides information on land use applications, ordinances, codes, plans, and related planning programs, services, or regulations to architects, engineers, developers, contractors, owners, community groups, and interested persons.
- Prepares a variety of studies, reports, and related information for decision-making purposes.
- Conducts technical research studies, analyzes data, and prepares s reports and recommendations for drafting or revising local legislation and plans, projecting trends, monitoring socioeconomic data, etc.
- Evaluates land use and other development applications, including building permits, and proposals for conformity with established plans and ordinances and prior approvals.
- Evaluates land use applications and site plans for compliance with applicable local, state, or federal laws. Monitors assigned land use and other planning applications through the approval process, prepares reports, ordinances and resolutions.
- Assists in the enforcement of local ordinances and in interpreting municipal codes.
- Updates a variety of maps; prepares graphics, maps and/or PowerPoint presentations for a variety of reports, publications or meetings.
- Assists in maintaining databases of information for planning purposes.
- Responds to local citizens inquiring about local planning and zoning regulations and ordinances.
- Provides on-site staffing at local municipal offices located throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties depending upon contract needs.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
- Review building permits and occupational licenses for compliance with zoning regulations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Knowledge and experience with recent ESRI ArcGIS software is preferred.
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, scanning, copy machine, etc.)
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Graduation from an PAB-accredited four-year college or university program with a degree in Urban, City or Regional Planning or a related field.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- AICP to be obtained upon eligibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a current valid Driver’s License
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- General knowledge of zoning laws and comprehensive plans including their formation, process of adoption, and enforcement, and planning programs and processes; basic knowledge of GIS applications.
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D graphics, modeling, and mapping including the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup preferred.
- Must be able to succinctly analyze data, communicate effectively orally and in writing with a variety of professionals; and establish effective working relationships.
- Must possess excellent work ethic, attention to detail, capability to problem solve, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical and written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable in public speaking scenarios
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 15 pounds occasionally
- Work in indoor office environment 80% of the time.
- Moderate noise level
- Travel via automobile on occasion as needed