- Successfully implements strategic vision or recommends corrective actions that will successfully establish SEPI as one of the top/premier Roadway Design firms in North Carolina.
- Successfully meets budgetary goals annually or recommends corrective actions that will be successful.
- Identifies new markets and clients for the Roadway and Traffic design groups.
- Identifies new key staff additions to the Roadway and Traffic design groups. This key position will be responsible for increasing staff levels to accommodate the anticipated workload from our clients within North Carolina.
- Meets with Roadway and Traffic design staff on a regular basis to coordinate activities and provide leadership. These meetings are to be established on a calendar basis with set agenda.
- Facilitates the career growth of individual Roadway and Traffic design Department employees through regularly scheduled reviews and educational training opportunities identification.
- Assists Roadway Design project managers with overall project management including monthly project reviews, project audits as necessary and recommendations for training.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other service lines. Maintains liaison, communication, and transfer of information between various management groups and departments.
- Active leadership in all aspects of transportation by providing input into the overall growth and well-being of the transportation group.
- Ensures that quality of production for Roadway Design projects is consistent with client expectations and follows the SEPI guidelines for QA/QC.
- Manage major Transportation projects.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.)
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university
- North Carolina Professional Engineering License
- Minimum 12 years related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Must be highly detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as assigned
- Must be able to work independently and manage time wisely
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 10-25 pounds occasionally
- Work in indoor office environment 90% of the time, some field visits may be required
- Moderate noise level
- Travel via automobile locally as needed