- Assisting with the preparation of concept design sketches for commercial and residential development sites, including a combination of hand-drawn and computer-generated drawings and graphics;
- Assist with due diligence efforts in evaluating project feasibility;
- Preparation of base mapping using GIS and other public mapping sources;
- Research and incorporate development codes into project designs;
- Developing Site Plan documents for agency submittal and review;
- Prepare landscape planting plans and construction documents;
- Coordination with other design professionals, both internal and external;
- Assist with planning, developing, and coordinating projects;
- Ability to work within assigned hourly project budgets;
- Checks all technical work for accuracy;
- Focuses on quality and helps ensure QA/QC procedures are followed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors; and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by office manager.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture from an ABET-accredited university program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Two to four (2-4) years of experience in a professional design office, with experience in the Triangle market. Experience in other areas across the Carolinas is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office, AutoCAD Civil 3D and Photoshop is required.
- Experience with ArcGIS software, SketchUp and other graphics software is a plus.
- A strong combination of graphic, design, technical, task management, and communication skills and the ability to perform in a deadline-driven work environment.
- Strong hand graphics skills for both plan and perspective sketches.
- A desire to seek Professional licensure in North Carolina.
- Work in indoor office environment 90% of the time.
- Moderate noise level.
- Travel via automobile on occasion as needed.