- Project Management
Reports to the NC Land Development Practice Leader. Responsible for managing Land Development projects for a variety of private and public Clients. Coordinates directly with the Client to determine project requirements and establish scope and fee and prepares proposal to the Client. Manage staff assignments and provide mentoring for junior staff. Promotes SEPI and departmental policies and fosters an environment of teamwork. Assists NC LD Practice Builder with quarterly budgeting for the NC LD Practice, assists the NC LD Practice Leader with key hiring decisions, participates in regular staff and corporate meetings, and keeps current with innovation and regulatory trends within the industry.
- Project Design
Oversees the design of Land Development projects, providing leadership to junior staff. Promotes, establishes, and assures quality on all projects and work performed by our LD team; assigns LD personnel to project teams; monitors and manages project tasks, budget, and schedules to ensure projects are completed on budget and schedule ; performs technical reviews of project documents; and supervises other engineers, senior designers, designers, junior designers, Civil Analysts, and CAD Technicians within the LD group.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors; and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.)
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree from a 4-5 year ABET-accredited engineering school or university program. A Master’s degree is a plus;
- Six (6) or more years of direct professional NC-based LD experience;
- A valid NC Professional Engineering (PE) license is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bluebeam, and the Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge and scheduling platforms is a plus;
- Possess effective Client Relations and public speaking capabilities;
- Possess effective written communication skills;
- Highly detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills;
- Possess a focus on quality and the ability to perform quality control review;
- Able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment;
- Able to work independently, manage a team, and schedule and manage time wisely.
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach; and
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 10-25 pounds occasionally.
- Work in indoor office environment 90% of the time;
- Moderate noise level; and
- Travel via automobile or airline on occasion as needed.