Essential Job Functions:
- Results driven, self-motivated, and team oriented with the ability to work independently;
- Coordinate closely with Manager to provide technical leadership to the project team in the development of engineering reports, designs, drawings, and project related documents;
- Utilize Autodesk Civil 3D software to design site development projects and assist in the preparation of project plans;
- Prepare engineering design calculations in support of projects;
- Prepares Opinions of Cost;
- Responsible for conducting Quality Control reviews for plans and documents submitted externally to Clients and review agencies;
- Schedule and lead project meetings;
- Prepare private project proposals including the development of project scope, fee, and schedule; and participate in public project pursuits;
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to the Department.
- Lead and/or participate in team, department, and company meetings as required;
- Lead, develop, and implement strategies that will result in improved communication, process management, and effective communication to achieve company, department, team, and project goals;
- Mentor team members in the design process and technical aspects of the profession;
- Represent SEPI in communications with Clients and stakeholders, both internal and external;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required from an ABET accredited program;
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the State of North Carolina. Additional P.E. registrations in South Carolina and Florida, a plus;
- Possess four to eight (4 – 8) years of progressive design and management of Land Development projects and teams;
- Advanced proficiency with AutoCAD, including Civil 3D, is required;
- Preference may be given to those with Wilmington market experience;
- NC Driver’s License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Bluebeam REVU;
- Highly detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines;
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks as assigned;
- Enjoys working and contributing towards the success of the team;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach;
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 10-25 pounds occasionally.
- Work in indoor office environment 85% of the time, some field visits and offsite meetings will be required;
- Moderate noise level;
- Travel via automobile locally as needed.