- Department Management
Determines labor, resource, and financial needs of the Wilmington LD department. Assists NC LD Practice Builder with quarterly budgeting for the NC LD Practice, assists the NC LD Practice Leader with key hiring decisions, act as a mentor to LD staff; evaluates performance of Wilmington LD staff in conjunction with the NC LD Practice Leader; lead or participate in regular staff and corporate meetings, keep current with innovation and trends within the industry.
- Project Design
Promotes, establishes, and assures quality on all projects and work performed by our Wilmington-based LD team; assigns LD personnel to project teams; develops fee and scope proposals for projects; monitors project production and schedules to ensure projects are completed on schedule; performs technical reviews of project documents; and supervises other engineers, senior designers, designers, junior designers, Civil Analysts, and CAD Technicians within the Wilmington-based LD group.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors; and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.).
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree from a 4-5 year ABET-accredited engineering school or university program. A Master’s degree is a plus;
- Ten (10) or more years of direct professional southeastern NC-based LD experience; and
- A valid NC Professional Engineering (PE) license is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bluebeam, and the Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge and scheduling platforms is a plus;
- Possess effective Client Relations and public speaking capabilities;
- Possess effective written communication skills;
- Highly detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills;
- Possess a focus on quality and the ability to perform quality control review;
- Able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment; and
- Able to work independently, manage a team, and schedule and manage time wisely.
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach; and
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 10-25 pounds occasionally.
- Work in indoor office environment 90% of the time;
- Moderate noise level; and
- Travel via automobile or airline on occasion as needed.