Essential Job Functions:
- Perform technical calculations, design, and plan production on Land Development projects using AutoCAD and Civil3D software;
- Assist with preliminary layouts, design concepts, and detailed design drawings;
- Maintain positive relationships and promote SEPI core values;
- Work as part of a high performing team to design all aspects of site design using AutoCAD and Civil3D software;
- Perform research and prepare engineering reports for stormwater management, storm drainage, erosion control, and others as needed;
- Assist with the preparation of local, state, and federal permit applications to support the project;
- Assist Project Managers on project related tasks;
- Analyze technical problems, develop new or improved techniques, approaches, and alternative solutions;
- Focus on quality and ensure the QA/QC process is followed;
- Participate in preparing project scopes, budgets and schedules;
- Keep current on design trends and regulatory updates impacting the land development industry;
- Communicate with PM’s and technical staff to understand project scope of work, schedule, and budget;
- Participate in team/project meetings;
- Effectively communicate with team members, review agencies and others as necessary;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management; and
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience with AutoCAD Civil3D strongly desired;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel. Bluebeam REVU desired;
- Highly detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines;
- Must be able to prioritize and complete multiple tasks as assigned;
- Enjoys working and contributing towards the success of the team; and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Work in indoor office environment 95% of the time, some field visits may be required;
- Moderate noise level;
- Travel via automobile to project sites or offices as needed.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Civil Engineering required from an ABET accredited program – Land Development focus desirable;
- Possess one to four (1-4) years of experience in Land Development;
- Have Engineer Intern (E.I.) or obtain within 6 months.