Key Candidate Attributes and Functions:
- Contributes towards the success of the Land Development group by providing site planning and design, plan production, and quality control for LD projects;
- Assists with the planning, design development, Quality Control, and task management of design projects;
- Promotes the acceptance and implementation of CAD best practices across all offices;
- Highly proficient with current AutoCAD software and desire to gain proficiency using Civil3D;
- Ability to utilize the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to perform plan preparation from acquisition of survey data and base map preparation through final record drawings with minimal direction;
- Collaborate effectively with Project Managers, surveyors, Clients, and architects to understand project requirements;
- Ability to set up and manage AutoCAD drafting and plan preparation standards on a project basis;
- Willingness to mentor and teach others;
- Ensures that the quality of production for design projects is consistent with project requirements and adheres to the internal QA/QC protocols; and
- Passionate about technological advancements within the industry.
- Conforms in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders, professional ethics, and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management; and
- Refrains from any illegal, dishonest, or unethical conduct.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.).
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ten (10) or more years of direct Land Development design experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite;
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Be highly detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills;
- Places a strong focus on quality deliverables;
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as assigned; and
- Be able to work independently and effectively within a team, and schedule and manage time wisely.
- Possess the ability to talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach; and
- Possess the ability to lift/push/pull up to 10-25 pounds occasionally.
- Work with an in indoor office environment 90 percent of the time. Some field visits will be required;
- Work within moderate noise levels; and
- Travel via automobile as needed.