- Business Development and Marketing
- Develops and implements a business development strategy for their personal practice and leads the development and implementation of business development of the Charlotte team
- Desired practice focus areas:
- Land Development, Site/Civil
- Landscape architecture
- Transportation planning or design
- Cultivate teaming partners in the market.
- Leads pursuit of key projects as identified in conjunction with Business Line Leaders.
- Monitor and identify market pre-sell opportunities.
- Develop/maintain working knowledge of Charlotte political and business/economic culture.
- Be an active ‘face’ of SEPI in Charlotte area.
2. Management of Operations
- Provide operational oversight for all operations in the Charlotte Office including:
- Assist with review of current operational procedures and make recommendations for improvements to Business Line Managers.
- Assist with the monitoring of monthly financial metrics as related to Charlotte Annual Business Plan goals.
- Assist with the identification areas of improvement for Charlotte operations and develop strategies for implementation.
3. Staff Development
- Conduct direct reports evaluations
- Develop and mentor staff through evaluations, goal setting assistance etc.
- Assist with identification and recruitment of key hires for Charlotte Office and for the entire company.
- Lead Project Management on select projects.
- Assist with other initiatives as requested.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering preferred, but similar educational background acceptable.
- PE or similar professional registration.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in your discipline and minimum 5 years in the Charlotte market
- Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop client relationships and to convert to new projects
- Collect and research data
- Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
- Focus on solving conflicts
- Maintain confidentiality
- Listens and gets clarification
- Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively
- Complete work in a timely manner
- Adapt to changes in the work environment