- Become familiar with the DOT Standard Specifications, Standard Drawings and Construction Manual
- Responsible for driving company vehicle to and from as well as on the client project
- Communicate with project manager on a daily basis. Must be able to have effective communication skills with supervisors, DOT and contractor.
- Must know how to use tools of the trades assigned.
- Must obtain measurements and report progress information and place on an Inspector’s Daily Diaries.
- Performs on-site testing when needed.
- Becomes familiar with the plans and specifications for the job to be inspected.
- Checks materials before installation
- Points out potential problems to the contractor and project engineer, and keeps project engineer and supervisor informed of progress of project.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, laptop, tablet, facsimile, copy machine, etc.)
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) years’ experience in the construction industry.
- Must be able to become certified in DOT classes and maintain certifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Must be a good communicator and able to resolve solutions in the field.
- Must be able to follow and carry out specific instructions on an independent basis
- Must be able to read and understand construction plans, blueprints and maps.
- Must have basic math skills to compute quantities and costs when requested.
- Must be able to interpret and implement company mandated safety policies.
- Must have all DOT certifications per project requirement.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have an ability to operate a level and have an understanding of cut and fills and elevations for grades.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must understand construction surveying procedures and principles.
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds daily
- Work in outdoor environment 95% of the time
- Moderate noise level
- Travel via automobile on daily basis