- Attends various meetings as needed related to construction projects.
- Must understand DOT Standard & Specifications, special provisions, project contract and how it relates to the DOT Construction Manual.
- Answers inquiries and complaints from Residents Engineer.
- Must be able to successfully use all the tools of the trade needed for the project.
- Must obtain accurate measurements and report progress information and place on an Inspector’s Daily Report (IDR).
- Setup Pay Record books
- Collect material received certifications from the contractor
- Complete pay applications and coordinating with contractor and DOT.
- Perform on-site testing when needed
- Check materials for conformance with contract requirements before installation.
- Points out potential problems to the contractor and project engineer, and keeps project engineer and supervisor informed of the progress of the project.
- Must be able to follow and carry out specific instructions on an independent basis.
- Make field decision and points out potential problems to the contractor and project engineer, and keeps the project engineer and supervisor informed of the progress of the project.
- Act as a construction specialist and head inspector on projects.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in the quality manual.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures, and directives from supervisors.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) years’ experience in the construction industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Must be a good communicator and able to resolve solutions in the field.
- Must be able to work independently and manage time wisely
- Must be able to read and understand construction plans, blueprints, and maps.
- Must have basic math skills to compute quantities and costs when requested.
- Must be able to interpret and implement company mandated safety policies.
- Must have all DOT certifications per project requirement.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have an ability to operate a level and have an understanding of cut and fills and elevations for grades.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Must understand construction surveying procedures and principles.